. Are you tired of making excuses for God?
. You see what the scriptures say and you see what people do – and the two don’t match up.
. You notice that no matter what happens and no matter how bad it is, “God is good”. It is never His fault.
. God is a loving God. God is a jealous & righteous God. Which is it? You can’t be both.
If you can relate, you’re in the right place.
We are a safe place to explore and question spirituality. Some recent topics include…
- Is religion just all about feelings?
- What is that hole we try to fill with “God” or whatever?
- Religion teaches us that it’s a virtue to be satisfied with not understanding.
- Why is there more evidence for global warming than for God? Or for spirituality in general?
- How many commandments did God & Jesus break during his time on Earth?
- For good people to do evil things, it takes religion.
- How good is “Father God” as a parent?
- In order to be religious, you can no longer trust in yourself
- If a non-Christian shows love, where did that come from?
- The problem with atheism is that it means that were nothing special. We’re just here.
Post Spirituality is a safe place to explore and question religion and spirituality, and to sort out where one goes from here.
We’re not here to convert anyone or “build a consensus”. We challenge each other’s beliefs, and that’s as it should be. Having our beliefs challenged is the only way to grow. It’s a safe place to explore, test ideas, and find support – no matter where you are on your journey.
We’re a very informal group, with the topics selected each week at the meetup. Your questions and ideas are welcome.
Post Spirituality includes atheists, ex-pastors, and a wide variety of faith walks and sexual orientations. There are usually 5 to 10 people at each meetup.
If any of this sounds interesting, come explore with us.